143: Pulling fence!


Today, I started pulling fence between trees and posts, getting about 130 feet in two runs, the first with my truck and the second with a come-along clipped to my hitch.  Bolted two 2x4s together over the end of the fence, like a clamp, and attached to that to pull it tight.  Used locust poles to bolster some posts.  Lots more to everything than that, but here are some pictures of the progress.  

Need to burn some slash that's in the way of the fence line, and I need to figure out whether to use barbed wire or solar electrified wite across the top, and need to rig an apron of wire attached down on the outside to eliminate digging.  

But it's coming along - soon, Coldholler will have a small fenced pasture!







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.