55: Celebrating with a Kayakerator!



Saturday, lots of the folk who helped me along the way or even followed this blog came up the holler to raise a glass to a dried-in cabin! For the occasion, Sean, maker of phenomenal craft beers, brought the Kayakerator (TM) to celebrate -- our organization,Tuckaseegee Brewing Co-op, for which he is the brewmaster, uses this craft, donated by Dinver at Pyranha in Asheville, to dispense its peerless product, in this case one keg of Panthertown Pale Ale and one of Bonas Defeat IPA, both owing their beery goodness to Sean's craftmanship as well as the hops he grows right here in Jackson County.

I'll post a description of my building and completion process in a few days; meanwhile, here are some pictures from Saturday -- more of the party to follow in another post.

Sean with the guts of the Kakakerator

Mark approves!
Josh says, "Hey! this looks like MY BURN! OK, it's not. whew."
Sean with future brewer in arms, and colleague, Tuval.
Mike, loaner of drawknives and other sharp things!

Justin, floor joist helper, and Bill of wall-building exploits.

Lance and Lisa and Andrew, all NOC types.
The Master sampling his own cooking!




3 comments:

  1. Wow, the place is really coming together! Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith! I just ordered some well-reviewed camping hammocks for the boys. Fixed beds would take up lots of room, although I might build some bunks that fold up toward the wall. Just think how much fun we would have had when we were boys! I lived in some smaller, lesser structures at scout camp, for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really
    enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.