35: Up with the walls!

The colorful pics were taken by a professional photographer; the others with my cell phone. Can you tell which are which?


We're movin' on up, so to speak. Last week, I took a couple of days off to get some of the logs off the ground. Here, you'll see some of them being placed, notched, and set. Thanks again to friends Justin and Chris for helping hoist, and especially for keeping me company. We worked till it started to rain and then grilled steaks.



Look closely at my leg in that last picture -- I'll be sure to continue to wear triple-ply Carharts when working with these sharp tools! Steel-toe logging boots have saved me on several occasions now, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.