39: Perspective and scale

Here's a similar blog I just discovered -- another fellow built a cabin and wrote a blog about it! His is a wee bit larger than mine and required lots of mechanized equipment. Anytime I feel fatigued with my project or impatient with my progress, I can glance at this and feel grateful for its simplicity and manageable size. There are more differences than similarities, although it's spooky-coincidental that he chose the same blog template. He's building a log "home," albeit with no kit. I'm building more of a frontier cabin with hand tools, like this one but without the chimney.

Still, read this blog and scroll back through his older posts. It's impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Read the whole thing - amazing challenge, and great work. Your humor and inclusion of the family are both great.

    Claude

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.