135: A new kind of paddle

This summer, in between a lower back injury and a new crisis with my shoulder, I managed to work out four-or five times a week on the stretch of flatwater behind my college campus, and complete a three-mile leg of a wilderness triathlon in a racing kayak.  Our runner was third on the trail, I was tenth out of the water, and my friend Tobias was somewhere in-between on the mountain bike.  We were tenth overall, in a field inclusive of multiple Olympians.  Thinking I can knock whole minutes off of my time next year if I can manage to avoid injury while training and before the event.  Here I am with the wing paddle I use, new out of the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.