Introduction: Clearing the site and cutting some locust for the foundation.

We'll just start.











Our friend, colleague, imminent scholar, Monty Python expert, frequent keynote speaker, and Englishman, Adrian, cradling a chainsaw for the first time and resting after cutting locust foundation posts for Abel's and Angus's log cabin.

In a January 24 journal note, I commented,
"Constantly -- thinking about where on my property I'm going to construct a log cabin. Father-son project for the next two summers. Here's the inspiration:

http://blindflaneur.com/?p=2588"



Here's Dick Proenneke, using a crosscut saw much in the way I may myself!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should turn this thing off before I relax...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Tiny House Blog. I guess I'll take your advice and start from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.