69: More Fall Color at the cabin

Now, leaves lay ankle-deep all the way down the trail, and there's still more red and brilliant gold than bare grey branch and the deep resilient green of that little hemlock and the surrounding laurel.  Soon, we'll trade a familiar forest, once lush but now in a mode that invokes fantasies of a bright Rembrandt painting; we'll trade it for less organic but clean winter shades of black, white, blue, brown, grey and green, and clear air, more sky, and long views.

This picture doesn't begin to do justice to our brilliant fall
but here's Nate on October 13, well before peak color, 
captured by a cheap cell phone camera. 

Here, today, were some trees outside my windows (email me for source information):
Look up!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.