90: Trucks and tools

Building a cabin on a remote site on property we own that's not close to a house or workshop has been challenging. There's no electricity, but my mission to use hand tools mitigates that disadvantage. Constantly transporting tools, hardware, bags of mortar mix, rough-sawn lumber, and logs has been a big, "hidden" component of the project. A time and energy suck. During certain phases, especially after we raised the roof, I'd leave certain tools and materials on-site. Never good steel. A four-wheel-drive truck made this possible, although I still had to drag or carry stuff down a steep trail to the actual site. Now, there's nothing there -- everything goes back and forth in the truck. Here in the picture, in January, Abel wishfully thinks that's how he'll ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to chronicle certain aspects of my life near the Smokies. I'm building a cabin. I kayak. Sometimes I bike.